You aren’t winning any poker tournament soon; unless you avoid these 8 popular mistakes.
When was the last time you win a single live poker tournament? You have probably played against several players around the globe and in Nigeria, utilized strategies that you think are the best, and even tried to be attentive to strangers’ style of play so that you can win big yet, it all failed.
Would you have won a lot if you are liable to witness the traditional poker games before the beginning of the 2000s, when poker games were organized behind smoky bars, among mastery men who strategized as if they were gulping cold Caipirinha?
Many wouldn’t have been a participant earlier but the unforeseen case study of Chris Moneymaker, an amateur who walked home with a $2 million win in a $40 poker tournament drastically seduced people’s desire to expose themselves to a new opportunity of making money, hence, the seriousness people developed in online poker sites from 2003.
There were winners and losers among the thousands of players who were lovers of this online game. Now imagine yourself playing against a few of these people, players who have had clarified experience over the years and still playing till now, even after technology advancement had introduced flexible poker sites that expand their “experience” visually and usably; You might have garnered enough experience and skills as well but have you asked yourself again why you keep losing more than you are supposed to win? In Nigeria today, some people started this game and have won a lot of money more than you expected.
What if you have been committing errors unknowingly to you but obvious to your opponents? Probably, they have been feeding off your weaknesses for a long and it’s high time you identify typical mistakes you might have been making and how to permanently avoid these errors. Poker is getting popular and extremely competitive these days as both new and old players develop secret techniques to beat their opponents in Nigeria.
Check out the typical mistakes players as you make
- Lack of patience while dealing with hands: Now picture yourself dealing with an expert who knows when to play their hands, which hands to play and what technique to read your actions. If you play the right hand at the wrong time, you will lose your money. And if you are impatient to win by playing too many hands at a moment, you may be divulged to threats of losing your chance. Learn to quit at the right time. Playing many hands does not guarantee you winning a lot of money. Without enough patients and strategic winning, you may lose more than you plan.
- no practice or observation: You need to master the art of observation and try to read your opponents’ minds, style of betting and playing, strategies, and how fast they play their hands. Invest enough time to practice and develop unique strategies to stay ahead of your competitors. Players are out there taking advantage of new software created for them to utilize enough time to practice optimal strategies to stay ahead. If you are satisfied with the little knowledge you possess, your opponents might be working very hard behind the scenes to scale their skills and beat your logic and strategies.
- Ceasing of poker education and knowledge: A quick question; as you play a steady poker game, do you schedule a separate time to level up your knowledge about this game. Experts here claimed it is a skill-based game. If as a beginner, you were winning and doing well in the early days, over time, there would be setbacks if you would not continue to acquire from updates, losses, and records. Seek advice from experts and research sources to figure out unique techniques.
- Bluffing most of the time: Experts don’t attempt this strategy. It makes them easy to read and predictable. A strategy that could be used to manipulate your opponents’ minds to enter the pot or leave the table because they think you have either best or poor hands. This strategy should depend on your bet size, opponents’ experience, style, and skill-sets. Bluffing is not as important to the game as you think. Just introduce it sometimes during the game and not in every hand you play. You will discover better strategies when you focus on being creative.
- Strategizing with the same hands: Change your betting style most of the time. Bet higher this time and lower the next time. To get the highest Expected Value, you must learn to play different ways because top pair hands are sometimes checked. Change hands to acquire the highest Expected Value and give your opponents a tough time to observe and finalize your playing style. Once they noticed that you play with the top pier hand and check with the second pair hand, they will develop a strategy to counter your ways and take over.
- Not having a plan before playing out of position: Playing out of position without having a plan to minimize its consequence can make you lose a lot of your money. Create a plan against most of your opponents’ decisions. Ask yourself “what ifs?”; Read the action and betting style of your opponents before placing a decision. Have a plan before playing out of position to avoid loss of money in the long run. When you invest time and effort to plan ahead of every possible action your opponents may carry out, it will ease your decision-making and reduce your emotional state.
- Giving space for Tilting (Poor State of mind): Being in an emotional state can pull down your morale to think strategically while playing. Do not attempt to play when you are emotional. Your body language, mood, the expression will not be by your game plan. This may supply your game weakness info to your opponents. You may get yourself subjected to too many mistakes and display aggression, thus, leading to total disconnection with the game arrangement.
- You might have been playing poker when you have other important issues in mind: Why not settle whatever issues you have in mind and develop a free and high-spirit mind before playing. The game of poker warrants you to think strategically and be 100% focused. If your mind is attached to somewhere else at that moment you are playing, you will lose a lot of money.
A passionate online poker player should be aware of mistakes and errors that may hugely affect their game plans. Discover what other experts do about their game plan and apply.